For outstanding, high-quality research and future contribution to our profession.
Each year, the SIDRA SOLUTIONS Postgraduate Award is given to the most outstanding postgraduate student from a tertiary institution in Australia or New Zealand, based on the quality of his or her research and potential to make a significant contribution to the traffic and transport engineering profession.
ITE-ANZ and SIDRA SOLUTIONS are proud partners in this award and are excited to announce the opening of applications for 2021. We look forward to receiving submissions and learning about the exceptional work students are undertaking at their institutions.
How to Apply
Submission must include:
- a short summary of the nominee’s research topic and its application to the traffic engineering profession – maximum of 3 pages,
- the nominee’s CV,
- at least one reference from a supervisor of the relevant research project, and
- contact details.
Email us to apply: [email protected]
Applications are closed for 2021.
Candidates may nominate themselves or may be nominated by academic staff at a tertiary institution or an employer in Australia or New Zealand.
Nominations for the award will be judged and determined by a sub-committee made up of ITE-ANZ executive board members and other transport professionals.
The award is scheduled to be presented at the ITE-ANZ Annual Breakfast Meeting in February 2022.
The recipient will be granted:
- a cheque for $2500, donated by SIDRA SOLUTIONS,
- a reasonable travel allowance to receive the award at the presentation event, and
- opportunity to present their topic at a future ITE-ANZ seminar.
To be eligible for this award, a nominee:
- must be a postgraduate student within the last 12 months,
- can be in any Engineering, or a related discipline – at the Masters or Doctorate level - at a tertiary institution within Australia or New Zealand,
- must have completed, or nearly completed, a postgraduate thesis or research project in the area of traffic engineering, and
- must be members of ITE-ANZ.
If you are a non-member, it is easy to join and student membership is free for the first year.
The award sub-committee will assess the submission according to the following criteria:
- Quality of research content (weight: 60%):
- innovation and originality of the research, and
- papers and publications.
- Transferability and impact of the research on the traffic engineering industry (weight: 30%).
- The nominee’s involvement in transport related professional activities (weight: 10%):
- members of the professional societies,
- participation in volunteering, and
- working in industry.
Winner of the 2020 SIDRA SOLUTIONS Postgraduate Award!
Congratulations to Krishna Behara of School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Queensland University of Technology for winning the 2020 SIDRA SOLUTIONS Postgraduate Award for his PhD thesis titled ‘Origin-Destination Matrix Estimation Using Big Traffic Data: A Structural Perspective’.