How to Apply
Submission must include:
- a short summary of the nominee’s research topic and its application to the traffic engineering profession – maximum of 3 pages,
- the nominee’s CV,
- at least one reference from a supervisor of the relevant research project, and
- contact details.
Email us to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
5pm Friday, 25 November 2022.
Candidates may nominate themselves or may be nominated by academic staff at a tertiary institution or an employer in Australia or New Zealand.
Nominations for the award will be judged and determined by a sub-committee made up of ITE-ANZ executive board members and other transport professionals.
The award is scheduled to be presented at the ITE-ANZ Annual Breakfast Meeting in February 2023.
The recipient will be granted:
- a cheque for $2500, donated by SIDRA SOLUTIONS,
- a reasonable travel allowance to receive the award at the presentation event, and
- opportunity to present their topic at a future ITE-ANZ seminar.
To be eligible for this award, a nominee:
- must be a postgraduate student within the last 12 months,
- can be in any Engineering, or a related discipline – at the Masters or Doctorate level - at a tertiary institution within Australia or New Zealand,
- must have completed, or nearly completed, a postgraduate thesis or research project in the area of traffic engineering, and
- must be members of ITE-ANZ.
If you are a non-member, it is easy to join and student membership is free for the first year.
The award sub-committee will assess the submission according to the following criteria:
- Quality of research content (weight: 60%):
- innovation and originality of the research, and
- papers and publications.
- Transferability and impact of the research on the traffic engineering industry (weight: 30%).
- The nominee’s involvement in transport related professional activities (weight: 10%):
- members of the professional societies,
- participation in volunteering, and
- working in industry.