We are making progress with the next major release of SIDRA INTERSECTION. This version will introduce powerful traffic model features wanted by our users as well as important general software changes and extensive user interface enhancements.
We are working on several more important model enhancements which we will announce upon their completion. Refer to the list below to view all confirmed items for the SI-9.1 release.
- Output reports and displays by Movement Class, Pedestrians and Persons with the ability for the user to choose the Movement Classes to include Performance parameters such as average delay and average travel time for every Approach Movement by Movement Class (MC).
- New Variable Demand Model with Initial Queued Demand input for congestion modelling using Residual Queued Demand for oversaturated lanes determined in the previous analysis period (with the facility to import available).
- HCM Edition 6 Extended Roundabout Capacity Model with the ability to specify more detailed calibration parameter values that distinguish different lane configurations including separate parameters for slip/bypass lanes.
- Improved signal timing method combining Pedestrian Actuation and Minor Phase Actuation requirements.
- Improved multi-sequence and variable signal phasing and timing analysis which makes handling of signal phases and sequences more user-friendly especially for the US HCM setup users:
Improved roundabout layout pictures using a new method.
Improved network layout pictures.
- New network configuration features.
- Extra Midblock Delay parameter for user input to represent such non-intersection delays as bus stop delays and weaving delays.
- Enhanced method for program-determined Conflict Zone Length for midblock unsignalised pedestrian crossings and slip/bypass-lane crossings to better represent design practices.
- Performance model for All Way Stop Control improved to estimate delay that is consistent with the lane capacity values calculated from Departure Headways.
- New and improved Network and Site Templates with a Network Templates command for adding a selected Network Template as a new Network with ease.
- Layout pictures for Site and Network Templates improved significantly.
- In the Network Configuration dialog, multiple sites can be simultaneously selected for moving or removing from a Network.
- Phasing diagrams are editable in all tabs of Phasing & Timing dialogs for Sites and Common Control Groups. In the Sequences tab, users can see the Cycle Time Option that has been selected in the Timing Options tab.
- Extensive user interface and output improvements.
- PDF Output function improved to allow users to order the reports as required.
- Parameters of HCM Roundabout Capacity models are reported in Detailed Output Report.
- Midblock Unsignalised Pedestrian (Zebra) Crossing Analysis report introduced in the Detailed Output Report.
- Time-Distance display diagrams with displayed signal timings, phase names and secondary platoons formed by queued vehicles on intermediate approaches.
- Significant improvements in Layout pictures including better setting of the length of links in a Network Layout.
- Numerous other improvements to Site, Network and Route output reports and displays.
- VOLUMES utility updated with the ability to import data directly from VicRoads and Matrix volume data spreadsheets.
To keep informed about this upcoming release, subscribe to our monthly email newsletter. This includes important information about products, training and events.