This page provides important information about the hardware and software required for attending our online training programs.
Before attending this training, please ensure that you fulfil the following requirements:
- Headset: To hear clearly and reduce background noise when your mic is on.
- Exercises for MODEL FUNDAMENTALS: A basic calculator (mobile phone will do), pen and paper.
- Internet: A stable and high speed internet connection.
- Computer: i5 with 8GB RAM or better.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later. Windows 10 is preferred.
- Please ensure your Display settings under System - Scale and Layout and Resolution are set to the Recommended settings, i.e. those shown with “(Recommended)” in the dropdown lists.
We will conduct these training sessions using Webex Meetings via a high speed Fibre connection from our office located in Melbourne, Australia. We strongly recommend you use the desktop app, and not your browser, for a better experience.
Download and install Webex Meetings
- Go to Webex Downloads
- Scroll down the Webex page to the section titled ‘Other download options’ -> ‘Our previous app, Meetings’
- Download the Webex Meetings app by clicking on the ‘Download for Windows’ button
- Run the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it on your local computer.
Email invitation from Webex
We will send you a separate email invitation for each of your registered Modules via Webex. You will receive the invite and reminders from [email protected]
How to join the training session
Join the Meeting with Desktop app by
- clicking on the ‘Join meeting’ link in the email invitation or
- entering the Meeting Code and Password in your Desktop app.
If you are asked to type in your full name and email address, please use the details used to register for SIDRA training.
For general instructions about how to join a meeting read this Webex support article
For the INTRODUCTION TO SIDRA training program only, you will be required to log in to a Virtual Computer using Remote Desktop Connection. This will be setup with the latest version of SIDRA INTERSECTION which will be used in the program.
Please ensure you are able to use Remote Desktop Connection on your computer.
Important: Your IT department may have placed restrictions on your computer to prevent connecting to a Virtual Computer from another company. If you have difficulty in connecting to this remote Virtual Computer, please consult your IT department. You will be unable to undertake the training without access to the virtual computer. It is your responsibility to arrange access with your IT Department if required.
We will send you access details to your Virtual Computer one week prior to the training program start date.