Trainees must read and understand these important instructions to be able to attend our online training programs. Please use our Contact Form if you have any questions.
Download this page: PDF - 457 KB
Last Revised: 24 Nov 2021
It is critical that you understand how this training program will run and what preparation is required before each session - you must read this guide prior to training.
Before attending our online training programs, please ensure that you fulfil the following requirements:
- Headset: To hear clearly and reduce background noise when your mic is on.
- Calculator (mobile phone will do), pen and paper: To do the exercises in the training program.
- Monitors: We recommend using two monitors for this program.
- Internet: A stable and high-speed internet connection.
- Webex Meetings Desktop App: We strongly recommend using the latest version of the desktop app, and not your browser, for a better experience.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later. Windows 10 or 11 is preferred.
We will conduct these training sessions using Webex Meetings via a high-speed Fibre connection from our office located in Melbourne, Australia. We strongly recommend you use the latest version of the desktop app, and not your browser, for a better experience.
Download and install Webex Meetings
- Go to Webex Downloads
- Scroll down the Webex page to the section titled ‘Other download options’ -> ‘Our previous app, Meetings’.
- Download the Webex Meetings app by clicking on the ‘Download for Windows’ button.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it on your local computer.
Email invitation from Webex
We will send you a separate email invitation for each of your registered Modules via Webex. You will receive the invite and reminders from [email protected]
How to join the training session
Join the Meeting with Desktop app by:
- clicking on the ‘Join meeting’ link in the email invitation, or
- entering the Meeting Code and Password in your Desktop app.
If you are asked to type in your full name and email address, please use the details used to register for SIDRA training.
For general instructions about how to join a meeting read this Webex support article
We recommend using two monitors to view the presentation and training book at the same time:
- Monitor 1: Webex set to a full screen size or a large enough size to clearly see all of the Presenter's screen.
- Monitor 2: PDF viewer to view the Training Book for exercises. Alternatively, you may print out the Training Book for your convenience.
Monitor 1: Webex full screen
You can double-click the presenter’s shared screen in the Webex window to make it full screen, or go to the View menu on the top -> Full Screen.
For example, Monitor 1 might look like:
Monitor 2: PDF viewer to view the Training Book
Please ensure your Display settings under System - Scale and Layout and Resolution are set to the Recommended settings, i.e. those shown with “(Recommended)” in the dropdown list.
Links to download your Training Books will be sent to you via email before the training sessions.
Follow the Presenter's screen during the session. The exercise questions will be on the Presenter's screen. Use the Training Book for information that will help you to work through the exercises.
Links to download your Answers to Exercises Books will be sent to you after you complete the training program.
How to ask for support during training
We will have support staff live on Webex chat during the sessions to help attendees with any questions or issues. Follow the steps below to get help.
To send a chat message to the Webex participant “SIDRA”:
1. Click the Chat button at the bottom right of the Webex window.
2. In the To drop down list, choose the participant “SIDRA”, and then write a message to SIDRA.
We have compiled a list of housekeeping rules to ensure our training session runs smoothly for all attendees:
15-30 Minutes prior to session start
- Close anything you don’t need on your computer.
- Check your headset audio and microphone are working.
- We will open access to the meeting 30 minutes prior to start time so attendees can join early.
- Have your training material ready.
Please do not message the Presenter
- The presenter will be focused on teaching.
- We have allowed for a short Q&A session at the end of each module. You may post your questions by messaging "SIDRA" privately. These will then be answered by one of the presenters, time permitting.
- If you have technical issues, please message SIDRA privately via Webex chat. Our support staff can help you via private chat.
Audio during the session
- For a smooth presentation, we ask participants to remain muted. Moderators may mute microphones if they are left on during the presentation.
- As this is a paid event, we will be checking in with attendees on the day as part of a roll call and need to be able to match your full name against the ticket purchased for the session.