Powerful new traffic model features have been added to SIDRA INTERSECTION 9 for improved analytical outcomes:
- Progression of vehicle platoons using continuous lanes at multiple unsignalised and signalised Sites between two signalised Sites.
- Unsignalised (Zebra) Pedestrian Crossing on Slip Lanes.
- Staged pedestrian crossings with selectable elements (approach or exit side crossing can be specified as not existing).
- Merge Model for exit short lanes at any type of intersection with Priority Merge and Zipper Merge.
- Model for U-turn before intersection.
- Short Lane Model calibration
- Option to exclude Saturation Flow estimation for user-specified saturation flows ("Apply Saturation Flow Estimation" checkbox).
- Option to exclude lane blockage effects on capacity reduction in Network analysis.
- Multiple Phase Sequence analysis in Site timing calculations.
- Variable Sequence selection criteria enhanced.
- Pedestrian Timing input enhanced by introducing the Clearance 1 parameter for Pedestrian Timing calculations.
- Efficiency Parameters including Desired Speed by Movement Class for Sites, Networks and Routes with enhanced modelling of Speed Efficiency, Congestion Coefficient and Travel Time Index parameters.
- Continuous movement (uninterrupted flow) model enhanced and detailed performance estimates included in output.
- Midblock Effective Detection Zone Length parameter in Site parameter Settings dialog for use in the continuous movement (uninterrupted flow) model.
- Gap Acceptance Factor, Opposing Vehicle Factor and Passenger Car Equivalent defaults for the Light Rail / Trams Movement Class are changed (increased) to the same values as Large Trucks.
Zebra Crossing on Slip Lanes
Unsignalised (Zebra) Pedestrian Crossing on Slip Lanes (Left-Hand Traffic).
Merge Model for exit short lanes at any type of intersection with Priority Merge and Zipper Merge (Right-Hand Traffic).
U-turn before Intersection
Model for U-turn before intersection (Right-Hand Traffic).