|Date:||28 - 29 Jun 17|
|Venue:||Saxons Training Facility|
|Address:||Level 8, 500 Collins Street, Melbourne|
|Class Size:||32 Delegates|
|Presenters:||Rahmi Akçelik and Mark Besley|
Workshop Date & Time
SIDRA SOLUTIONS will run the following SIDRA INTERSECTION workshops:
Wednesday, 28 June 2017
|8:30am - 5:00pm|
Thursday, 29 June 2017
|8:30am - 4:30pm|
The SIDRA INTERSECTION ADVANCED Workshop is offered for users with a good knowledge of the SIDRA INTERSECTION software, or people who will register for the INTERMEDIATE workshop at the same time. The objective of the workshop is to provide a comprehensive update for existing users with the new features of SIDRA INTERSECTION 7 for intersection and network analysis.
This is a high level workshop that will include the use of advanced procedures to analyse some complicated cases of practical importance, especially the new network timing analysis methods available in this new version of the software.
The workshop combines hands-on sessions and instructions to teach participants how to effectively use SIDRA INTERSECTION, and how to apply and interpret results from the model to solve intersection and network problems at an advanced level.
SIDRA INTERSECTION Version 7 will be used in this workshop. The workshop is set with examples based on the SIDRA Standard Left-Hand software setup with metric units.
Read our About Workshops page for more general information.
- A good level of knowledge of the use of SIDRA INTERSECTION, or attendance at a previous SIDRA INTERSECTION INTERMEDIATE Workshop, or registering for the INTERMEDIATE Workshop at the same time.
- A good level of familiarity with traffic engineering methods and terminology and knowledge of intersection modelling and evaluation concepts.
A good understanding of traffic operations at intersections is essential for effective use of traffic models for intersection and network design and evaluation purposes. Attending the MODEL FUNDAMENTALS Workshop is recommended for SIDRA INTERSECTION users with all levels of experience.
Upon completion of the SI-7 ADVANCED Workshop, participants will:
- gain a good knowledge of the new features of SIDRA INTERSECTION 7;
- gain a good knowledge of the capabilities of the latest SIDRA INTERSECTION version and the types of problems it can solve;
- gain a good knowledge of the lane-based traffic model used in SIDRA INTERSECTION for intersection and network modelling;
- gain a good knowledge of network modelling (network data preparation and analysis) with different intersection types and movement classes;
- gain a good understanding of how lane blockage, capacity constraint, estimation of upstream and downstream lane flows and lane changes apply for networks of signalised and unsignalised intersections;
- learn about how excess back of queue will be passed on to upstream continuous lanes to allow for queue blockage from a downstream intersection to apply to intersections further upstream;
- gain a good knowledge of network timing analysis methods including network cycle time and signal offset calculations, and timings for Common Control Groups;
- be able to use various SIDRA INTERSECTION facilities effectively, including the use of movement classes, design life analysis, sensitivity analysis, signal timing analysis, network modelling, Routes for performance calculations and signal offsets, and API applications;
- gain a good understanding of SIDRA INTERSECTION output including the capacity, performance estimation, timing analysis and network analysis methods used in SIDRA INTERSECTION; and
- gain an improved understanding of fundamentals of how signalised and unsignalised intersections operate towards achieving effective intersection and network design.
This two-day SI-7 ADVANCED Workshop provides an interactive learning opportunity with hands-on computer experience, working together with instructors through many examples.
The SIDRA INTERSECTION workshops are not just about intersection and network analysis, but aim to improve general understanding of operational analysis of all traffic facilities. It is important to learn about model calibration as an important element of realistic modelling of traffic facilities.
The ADVANCED Workshop will cover modelling of all types of intersections and network modelling at an advanced level, and will teach the following new features of SIDRA INTERSECTION Version 7:
- Network signal timings (Cycle Time, Phase Times and Signal Offsets);
- Common Control Groups for intersections operating under one signal controller;
- Routes for performance reports and displays, and for signal Offset calculations;
- Route Summary report, Route Displays, Network Displays By Route, Time - Distance diagrams, Signal Offsets report, and new Lane Displays for Networks, Routes and Sites;
- Route Output Comparison and Network Output Comparison by Routes;
- Lane Geometry and Lane Movements dialogs: View Layout function, ability to add Approach Lane, Exit lane and Strip Island to left and right, parking strip for layout picture purposes; and
- Various other user interface and model improvements.
Traffic Engineers and Planners involved in the analysis of intersections and networks for design, operations, planning and traffic impact assessment purposes.
SIDRA INTERSECTION training workshops provide an excellent opportunity for networking by meeting your colleagues who are working in areas related to your work.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided each day
Bring with You
USB Key to copy the Project files created during the workshop
Dr Rahmi Akçelik is a leading scientist and software developer with 40 years of practical, research and training experience in the area of road traffic operations, traffic engineering, management and control. He is Director of Akcelik and Associates Pty Ltd (trading as SIDRA SOLUTIONS). He has more than 300 technical publications in his area of expertise. He is the author of the SIDRA INTERSECTION and SIDRA TRIP software packages. Rahmi served as member of various US Transportation Research Board Committees. He has trained several thousand professionals in over 250 workshops, courses and seminars.
Awards received by Rahmi include the 2014 Roads Australia Award for Technical Excellence in recognition of the exceptional achievement of an individual in a technical or scientific area relevant to transport, the 2008 ITE ANZ Contribution to the Transportation Profession Award, the 1999 Clunies Ross National Science and Technology Award for outstanding contribution to the application of science and technology, and the 1986 ITE US Transportation Energy Conservation Award.
Mark Besley is a scientist and software specialist who has worked in the traffic management area since 1980s. He has been making a significant contribution to the development of the SIDRA INTERSECTION software in collaboration with Dr Rahmi Akçelik during the last 30+ years. He has trained several thousand professionals in over 250 workshops, courses and seminars.
Mark has been involved in many aspects of research on traffic operations including traffic network models, incident detection, fuel consumption estimation, traffic data collection and analysis.
The registration fees shown below are per person. All prices are in Australian Dollars and inclusive of GST. The fee covers costs of providing hands-on computer use, and includes workshop notes, morning and afternoon teas as well as lunch each day.
Reduced fees are available to SIDRA INTERSECTION users with valid COVER. The registration fee is non-refundable.
26 - 27 June 2017
|$1,815 AUD||$1,980 AUD|
28 - 29 June 2017
|$1,925 AUD||$2,090 AUD|
|INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED||
26 - 29 June 2017
IMPORTANT: Registration is not confirmed until the Registration Form is completed, signed and returned, and payment is received.
Payments must be made in AUD. The preferred method of payment is by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Amex) or direct deposit. If not paying by credit card or direct deposit, overseas delegates must pay by Bank Cheque / Money Order (personal or company cheques are not acceptable).
All Cheques / Money Orders are payable to AKCELIK & ASSOCIATES PTY LTD.
Refunds & Cancellations
Refunds will NOT be given for cancellation of registration if you change your mind. But, another delegate may be substituted. Please notify us in advance. Transfer between workshops is not allowed unless another delegate is substituted and there is a position available in the required workshop.
Please complete the online REMITTANCE ADVICE FORM and submit to Akcelik & Associates.
When completing the form:
- Customer ID: Leave this field blank if you are not a SIDRA INTERSECTION user.
- Purchase Type: Select "Training".
- SIDRA Tax Invoice/Receipt #: Enter your SIDRA Tax Invoice/Receipt number eg 7200023
For all enquiries, please use the Contact Form in our online SUPPORT System
Sign up to SIDRA NEWS - Receive email alerts about products, training and events. We promise to only send you important information and special offers!