- Introduction to SIDRA TRIP 1.1
- Video: Import GPS Data for Quick Scenario Analysis
- Many powerful and unique features
- Import GPS data in a variety of formats
- Inspect output with ease
SIDRA TRIP 1.1 is a unique software for vehicle trip assessment using GPS Data and for quick scenario analysis. For transport managers to compare travel conditions on alternative routes, for traffic engineers and planners to assess network traffic performance, and for educators, to teach about vehicle movements and traffic performance. Assess intelligent transport system applications, driver training programs and vehicle characteristics.
SIDRA TRIP offers easy analysis:
- When you have travel data collected using GPS units – you can import your data into SIDRA TRIP with ease using a variety of data formats and get your results faster.
- When you need quick scenario analysis – you can define trip scenarios effortlessly by simply specifying initial and final speeds to represent vehicle movements.
Using data generated by SIDRA TRIP:
- You can compare traffic and travel conditions before and after introduction of traffic management schemes, intersection and road improvements, residential street traffic calming schemes, and similar applications.
- You can calibrate network microsimulation models, e.g. heavy vehicle acceleration- deceleration profiles, or macroscopic models, e.g. excess fuel consumption and emission factors.
SIDRA TRIP Version 1.1
The analysis methods and user interface in SIDRA TRIP 1.1 are the same as in Version 1.0. SIDRA TRIP Version 1.1 includes a new licensing method integrated with the eCommerce system, allowing for SINGLE and ENTERPRISE licences. A new Licence Configuration dialog, accessed via Start - All Programs - SIDRA SOLUTIONS - SIDRA TRIP 1.1 Tools - Licence Configuration, is used for Online Activation, Offline Activation and Deactivation of a SINGLE licence, or for setting up an ENTERPRISE licence.
In this video, we show you how to import a set of data collected by a GPS logger; how the program analysis the information and displays input and output reports in text or as dynamic graphs with animation.
Note: While this video was originally prepared using SIDRA TRIP Version 1.0, it is applicable to SIDRA TRIP 1.1 since the analysis methods and user interface in SIDRA TRIP 1.1 are the same as in Version 1.0 (SIDRA TRIP 1.1 includes a new licensing method integrated with the eCommerce system).
SIDRA TRIP offers many powerful features like no other software
- determine vehicle operating and user costs including values of time, vehicle costs and toll costs;
- produce comprehensive travel level of service and performance statistics;
- estimate fuel consumption and emissions of Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Hydrocarbons (HC) and Nitrogen Oxides (NOx);
- estimate noise levels (dBA) using three alternative models;
- analyse light and heavy vehicle acceleration and deceleration characteristics;
- analyse standard drive cycles used in vehicle fuel consumption and emission testing;
- animate vehicle movement using dynamic graphs;
- use Metric or US Customary units;
- create your own vehicle and driver types using parameters describing vehicle and driver characteristics for simulating passenger car, light vehicle and heavy vehicle movements;
- calibrate the parameters of the operating and user cost models for your local conditions.
Obtain various text output including trip statistics, sums of statistics for a given number of trips, and detailed statistics per drive-cycle element:
- Trip Assessment,
- Cost (Operating or User),
- Fuel Consumption,
- Emissions (CO2, CO, HC, NOx),
Diagnostic function will identify unreliable data. Warning messages and detailed information about data quality will appear in text output windows.
The following dynamic graphs for cumulative (total) and instantaneous (per unit time) values of various parameters are available:
- Motion Graphs (Distance, Speed, Acceleration, Jerk, Average Speed),
- Fuel Graphs (Fuel Consumption Total, Fuel Consumption Time Rate, Fuel Economy),
- Emission Graphs (CO2 Total, CO2 Time Rate, CO Total, CO Time Rate, HC Total, HC Time Rate, NOx Total, NOx Time Rate),
- Cost Graphs (Cost Total, Cost Time Rate),
- Energy-Related Graphs (Energy Total, Power, Tractive Force),
- Noise Graphs (ASJ 2003 Japanese, SonRoad Swiss, RLS 90 German),
- Miscellaneous Graphs (Loop).
- Animate the movement of a vehicle as defined in the trip profile with dynamic graphs linked to the vehicle movement.
- Animate driving on the left-hand and right-hand side of the road.
Printing, Copying and Saving Output
Text output and graphs can be printed:
- directly using the associated Print function (standard Windows printing facilities apply), or
- by copying and pasting into a word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word) or graphics (e.g. Microsoft Paint) file.
You can save the HTML-based text output as separate files suitable for viewing with web browsers. You can also save simulation data in csv, txt or xml format.