- 2014 Roads Australia Award for Technical Excellence
- 2014 Telstra Business Award: Finalists
- 2010 Telstra Business Award: Winner
- 2009 Telstra Business Awards: Finalist
- 2009 Governor of Victoria Export: Winner
- 2008 ITE Australia & New Zealand Section Contribution to the Transportation Profession Award
- 2008 Governor of Victoria Export Award: Commendee
- 1999 Clunies Ross National Science and Technology Award
- 1999 ITE Australia & New Zealand Section Certificate of Commendation
- 1999 Istanbul Technical University Alumni Association International Science and Engineering Distinguished Service Award
- 1986 Transportation Energy Conservation Award
On 12 December 2014, Dr Rahmi Akçelik received the 2014 Roads Australia Award for Technical Excellence in recognition of the exceptional achievement of an individual in a technical or scientific area relevant to transport.
About the Award
Roads Australia is a non-political industry association that acts as the national peak body of Australian road transport stakeholders. It represents the International Road Federation (IRF) in Australia and is represented on the World Executive Board of the IRF. The following selection criteria apply for the Roads Australia Award for Technical Excellence:
- Field of Contribution: The field of contribution must be in a technical or scientific area relevant to transport.
- Impact of Contribution: The contribution must be outstanding. This will be measured directly in terms of its impact on the industry, the advancement of science and the community.
- Recognition of Contribution: The extent to which the contribution is acknowledged by the candidate’s professional peers within the relevant scientific or technical field.
- Personal Achievement: It must be demonstrated that the candidate’s contribution significantly reflects personal endeavour, as distinct from the work of others.
- Originality: Candidates will also be assessed on the originality and unique quality of their contribution and the transformational change to the industry. The spark of innovation must be evident.
- Durability: Candidates will also be assessed on the extent to which their contribution is likely to endure and be applied by future generations.
- Further Potential: Ideally candidates for the award will still have further contributions to make to the industry and the community.
Akcelik & Associates is the proud WINNER of the Victorian AMP Innovation Award category of the 2010 Telstra Business Awards. This award is given to businesses that have successfully introduced an Innovation. As a category winner for our State/Territory we will be eligible to represent our business at the national awards ceremony.
Akcelik & Associates was a Telstra Business Awards finalist in the Small Business Award category in 2009.
The Governor of Victoria Export Awards supported by the Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development, Victoria, Australia, has been running for 30 years and showcases the truly remarkable achievements of Victoria's export sector. Winners of the 2009 Governor of Victoria Export Awards were recognised at a ceremony held at Government House on Wednesday, 21 October 2009.
Akcelik & Associates is the proud WINNER of the Small Business Award in 2009 Governor of Victoria Export Awards.
Dr Rahmi Akçelik received 2008 Contribution to the Transportation Profession Award of the Institution of Transportation Engineers Australia & New Zealand Section at the Institution's annual dinner on 25 November 2008.
The Governor of Victoria Export Awards showcased the truly remarkable achievements of Victoria's export sector at a ceremony held at Government House, Melbourne on Monday, 13 October 2008.
Akcelik & Associates was the COMMENDEE in the Small Business Awards category in 2008 Governor of Victoria Export Awards.
Since its establishment in 1991 by the Ian Clunies Ross Memorial Foundation, the ATSE Clunies Ross Award has become one of the pre-eminent awards for scientists, technologists and innovators across Australia.
Dr Rahmi Akçelik received the prestigious 1999 Clunies Ross National Science and Technology award for outstanding commitment and contribution to the application of science and technology in Australia.
The ITEANZ section awards a number of citations to individuals who have made a substantial contribution to the organisation or to the transportation planning and engineering profession generally.
Dr Rahmi Akçelik received The Institute of Transportation Engineers Australia and New Zealand Section Certificate of Commendation in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the profession.
1999 Istanbul Technical University Alumni Association International Science and Engineering Distinguished Service Award
The Transportation Energy and Environmental Award presented by the Institute of Transportation Engineers in USA recognizes notable activity conducted or implemented by an agency, firm, association or person to promote energy conservation or environmental protection in the transportation field.
Dr Rahmi Akçelik, as part of the energy research team at the Australian Road Reserach Board, received The Institute of Transportation Engineers (USA) 1986 Transportation Energy Conservation Award in Memory of Frederick A. Wagner for research into energy savings from urban traffic management.